[nbusers] Re: how to suppress compiler warnings about internal proprietary API

  • From: Thomas Wolf < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: how to suppress compiler warnings about internal proprietary API
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 11:11:45 -0400

Hi Edson,

On Apr 4, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Edson Richter < "> > wrote:

Replacement seems to be java.security or javax.security (I can't remember fully).

There is a java.security package, but the package that is causing all the warnings - sun.security.x509 - does not have an equivalent in the java.security package.   As a matter of fact the classes in that package make use of the classes in sun.security.509 package.  Specifically, the classes we're using that are causing warnings are:

import sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateAlgorithmId;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateIssuerName;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateSerialNumber;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateSubjectName;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateValidity;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateVersion;
import sun.security.x509.CertificateX509Key;
import sun.security.x509.X500Name;
import sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl;
import sun.security.x509.X509CertInfo;

Be warned that using sun.* would not only be deprecated but also removed after deprecation

I'm aware of that - we already migrated the classes that were moved to the java.security package because they no longer exist in their old place in Java 7.

> Alternatively, can I tell NetBeans to not show these warnings in the output window? I do see a right-click->Filter… option, but I'm not sure how I would write a regular _expression_ that *keeps* everything except lines containing the string "internal proprietary API". Can someone help?

Would be in Compiler Options, doesn't?

What is the compiler option?  In the past, I've tried "-Xlint:none" and that didn't block them.  Even annotations didn't seem to work for these warnings.

If someone could suggest the proper "Filter" regex to be used on the "Filter" dialog, I could use that.

Thanks again,
Tom

[nbusers] how to suppress compiler warnings about internal proprietary API

Thomas Wolf 04/04/2013

[nbusers] Enabling TFS support in NetBeans

Deepak Vasudevan 04/04/2013

[nbusers] Re: how to suppress compiler warnings about internal proprietary API

Edson Richter 04/04/2013

[nbusers] Re: how to suppress compiler warnings about internal proprietary API

Thomas Wolf 04/05/2013