[nbusers] Re: How to debug Javascript in Web (JSP) project using NB 7.3 RC1?

  • From: Edson Richter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: How to debug Javascript in Web (JSP) project using NB 7.3 RC1?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:03:20 -0200

Yes, I'm using the Chrome Developer (F12), but sometimes the server side debug and client side debug seems a bit out of sync...
Probably because the javascript code really runs out of sync (O:-) ).
alert() causes several side effects that I want to avoid (like loosing focus, interrupting the - only - browser thread, etc) but then we have the console... Just put everything in there, and cross the fingers...

Thanks for the follow up.

Regards,

Edson

Em 31/01/2013 13:41, Rick Fincher escreveu:
It was available several version ago through Firebug, but it had problems and was dropped. It is now only in HTML 5 but the NetBeans team is supposedly working on it for a future version release. I believe it also only works with embedded Chrome.

I do it the old fashioned way with a lot of JavaScript alert() dialogs in conditional "if debugging" statements.

That along with testing routines with FireBug's debugging capability gets the job done.

Rick

On 1/31/2013 8:33 AM, Edson Richter wrote:
Can anyone point each step necessary to debug a .JS file when using Web app (J2EE, JSP mainly)?

Or this is only available in new HTML5 projects?

Thanks,

Edson

[nbusers] How to debug Javascript in Web (JSP) project using NB 7.3 RC1?

Edson Richter 01/31/2013

[nbusers] Re: How to debug Javascript in Web (JSP) project using NB 7.3 RC1?

Rick Fincher 01/31/2013

[nbusers] Re: How to debug Javascript in Web (JSP) project using NB 7.3 RC1?