[nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" < >
  • To: , ellias2007 < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:56:17 +0100

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 20:25:10 +0100, ellias2007 < > wrote:

Hi everybody ...

Is it possible to use iPad to make Programming on iPad ??..

Definitely not, I'd say, also considering that if I'm not wrong you can't even develop on the iPad with the native Apple SDK, but you need an Apple computer (see e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4838607/can-an-ipad-be-used-as-a-development-machine-to-create-ipad-applications). It seems there are some third parties approaches to the idea of developing on the iPad, but this is OT here.

Is it possible to Run my lovely IDE : NetBeans on iPad ??..

Definitely not. There's no available Java JDK that runs on the iPad. Of course I'm not considering funny approaches such as connecting the iPad with a XWindows client to a Linux machine running NetBeans, since I don't think it's whay you're thinking of.

Is it possible to use my lovely IDE : NetBeans on iPad in order to make JAVA-Application for iPad ??..

Perhaps partially. Google provides a tool for developing in Java the back-end of a iPad application (http://code.google.com/p/j2objc/) and then translates it into ObjC. I didn't try it, so I can't speak about the quality. What's clear is that this approach, at the moment, is restricted to the back-end, so you still need an Apple computer with the native SDK for creating the user interface.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."

[nbusers] NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

ellias2007 01/07/2013

[nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

Valere DEJARDIN 01/08/2013

[nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

Fabrizio Giudici 01/08/2013

[nbusers] NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

ellias2007 01/08/2013

[nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

Ken Tanaka - NOAA Affiliate 01/08/2013

[nbusers] Re: NetBeans and iPad Friendship !

Gregg Wonderly 01/08/2013