[nbusers] Re: Lookup Topcomponent

  • From: Benno Markiewicz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Lookup Topcomponent
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:00:45 +0100

Have look at the basic tutorial
http://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-selection-1.html . Such a decoupled master-detail-view is shown there.

Greetings markiewb

Am 01.12.2012 18:41 schrieb "Eric55" < "> >:
I'm trying to loosely couple 2 modules A and B using an interface (we will call interface).

A calls a method (setText) on the interface, B implements the interface.

A is currently using this code to lookup the module that implements the interface.

private interface bob;
bob = Lookup.getDefault().lookup(interface.class)

onButtonPress{
bob.setText("hi");
}

This works fine except both A and B are topComponents so they are created at startup.  Lookup then returns a new instance of B.  B isn't displaying the new data because the instance of B that is displayed isn't the same as the instance of B that A is sending the data too.

I'm missing something fundimental here.  I want to press the button on A and have "hi" show up in the textfield in B, then make C and display "hi" in some other way.  How do I get A to talk to the displayed instance of B.  AKA I need to lookup the currently created instance of B not create a new one.

Is there a way to register B with lookup?

[nbusers] Lookup Topcomponent

Eric55 11/30/2012

[nbusers] Re: Lookup Topcomponent

Benno Markiewicz 12/01/2012