[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:39:09 +0100

> there is a reason why the documentation describes the svn client part: NetBeans IDE can act only as a client.
> The IDE documentation has to start somewhere. The user is considered to know basic things about subversion when he engages in using it.
> And for good reason. If you never heard of subversion, the best place to look in is subversion documentation.
> If the NetBeans team would document all the external tools they are working on, there would hardly be left any resource for developing NetBeans itself. And they do put tremendous effort.

> The good news is that there are mail lists where you can get useful references. Don't hesitate to ask

> Regards

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM, " _djrealurl="mailto: "> < " _djrealurl="mailto: " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> > Angelo,
> > you only have a svn client. The svn client can only do only basic things, it does communicate with the server, however it won't be able to set up a svn repository.
> > The task of maintaining a svn repository falls into a svn server's reponsabilities.

> > Short steps to follow:
> > Install VisualSVN, set up a repository, commit/check in the sources of the existing project.

> > In longer terms, also if you find struggling with the above steps, I suggest giving the first two chapters of the svn redbook a quick read.

> > Regards

= = = = = =

just a little thing Ion..

I installed both VisualSVN Server and CollabNet Subversion Edge.

Now I have to "put VisualSVN Server on the road" creating    repositories, users and groups....

I saw that CollabNet Subversion Edge already created a directory named repository..:
C:\Program Files\controlVersion_Client_X_NetBeans\cvs\data\repositories.
(other directories of the same level are: certs, conf, dumps, logs, run, teamgorge, svn_client_config)

I would ask you if this directory have some kind of connection with the repository that  have to be created with VisualSVN Server.

thank you
Regards
Angelo

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/01/2012

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

Ion Iovu 12/03/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/03/2012