[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 17:21:19 +0100

Hi Iom,

First of all I need to clarify some fundamental concepts :

I got CollabNet because the help of netBeans said to do it.

In the paragraph Setting Up Subversion is written:

- - - - - - - -

Before you can take advantage of the IDE's Subversion support, you need to have

Subversion client software installed on your system.

The IDE supports Subversion client versions 1.3.x and higher.

The IDE's Subversion support works by interacting with the Subversion client to carry out the commands.

You can download Subversion as a binary package from the following link:

http://www.collab.net/netbeans

- - - - - - - -

Following this I downloaded CollabNet Subversion Edge thinking that this is the implementation for Subversion.

After … you said to me that Subversion (=CollabNet Subversion Edge) need server that can be :

  • Svnserver (=VisualSVN Server Manager), that I am using now
  • or Apache mod_dav, that I decided to not use.

So, in my thought I need the CollabNet (that is the implementation of Subversion) and also of svnserver (that is the server used from Subversion).

Can you explain why you said :

----------
As I recommended in the previous email, you need either VisualSVN server manager OR CollabNet. Not both.
----------

Thank you

regards

Angelo

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/01/2012

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

Ion Iovu 12/03/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/03/2012