[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

  • From: Ion Iovu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 14:31:17 +0200

Angelo,
Please see responses inline

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM, "> < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Ok. I learned that Subversion is a wrapper client for NetBeans; and Subversion need of a server (svnserver or Apache) to work.

That is good ?

Your sources will be stored in a Repository. All repositories are managed by a Subversion server.
NetBeans IDE can act as a Subversion client by means of the corresponding plugin, i.e. it will connect to the Subversion server where the repository

The problem is not solved anyhow...

Now I installed on my computer VisualSVN Server Manager and CollabNet Subversion Edge; I run on the computer both of them,

As I recommended in the previous email, you need either VisualSVN server manager OR CollabNet. Not both.

if I try to perform (in NetBeans) the Checkup operation (writing file:///H:/Repositories in the textBox for Repository URL)

The operation is called Check Out. It means bring all the sources from the server repositories and create a local repository.
Your url should look something like svn://localhost/repo. You get that url by reading the server documentation. Apache is needed for http:// and https:// URLs. As a starting point svn:// urls will be just fine.

The order of operations is to first commit your sources (publish/upload the to the server) and only after that to check them out (download them). They need to first get to the repository.

Here's what I wrote in a previous email "I suggest giving the first two chapters of the svn redbook a quick read."

You generally want to try all the suggestions you get and read the references you need. That way you ensure you get further help.

Regards

I again get the same message:

“SVN command returned with the following error:

org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: E180001: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL”

what is wrong now ?

I could think the problem could come from the syntax of the URLL because, as well I can see the files stored inside the directory H:Repositories, I am not also able to save there a file using the path: \

file:///H:/Repositories/test_file.txt

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/01/2012

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

Ion Iovu 12/03/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/03/2012