[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

  • From: " " < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 13:05:06 +0100

> Angelo,

> In a Subversion set-up there is one server and one or more clients.

> As discussed, the client part is covered by NetBeans IDE. You will act like a client when you will perform svn operations like check in (commit,) check out, update etc.

> You need a Subversion server as well. Only one.

> Both VisualSVN and Collabnet Subversion Edge are servers. Therefore you only need one of them.

> The former is a simple Start'n'Go solution. The latter is feature reach, but also requires the user to know and understand more concepts.

> I suggest that you decide on which you want to go for and leave the other aside.

> As to which option I suggest, I have no experience with any of the options we are discussing, because suversion servers on Linux were the best fit for my needs.

> I expect VisualSVN to be the simpler/better option for you. You already played with both, you should already have a preference.

> Regards

= = = = =

Thank you Ion,

Ok. I learned that Subversion is a wrapper client for NetBeans; and Subversion need of a server (svnserver or Apache) to work.

That is good ?

- - - -

The problem is not solved anyhow...

Now I installed on my computer VisualSVN Server Manager and CollabNet Subversion Edge; I run on the computer both of them,

and after this:

if I try to perform (in NetBeans) the Checkup operation (writing file:///H:/Repositories in the textBox for Repository URL)

I again get the same message:

“SVN command returned with the following error:

org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: E180001: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL”

what is wrong now ?

I could think the problem could come from the syntax of the URLL because, as well I can see the files stored inside the directory H:Repositories, I am not also able to save there a file using the path: \

file:///H:/Repositories/test_file.txt

Regards

Angelo

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/01/2012

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

Ion Iovu 12/03/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbusers] Re: setting repository for SubVersion

12/03/2012