[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

  • From: dealTek < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 13:45:15 -0800

On Dec 16, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Ion Iovu < "> > wrote:

dealTek,

The link you mentioned is very old. As far as I know there is no Explorer window in NetBeans.

A better reference toward what you need (accessing, viewing and manipulating the database from within NetBeans IDE) is this tutorial:

THANKS - I'll happily take a look!

Regards

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM, dealTek < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Dec 12, 2012, at 12:58 AM, Ion Iovu < "> > wrote:

> dealTek,
>
> You should be able to expand the database node, where the Tables, Views and Procedures nodes are listed.
> If you have any table in the database you have connected to, you'll be able to see all the tables under the Tables node.

Thanks for the assist.

using 7.2.1 and MAMP (working ok)

connected to mamp db and see databases in services window > databases > MYSQL MAMP CONNECTION (with triangle) >  list of db's

but there is no triangle or way to double click on 1 DB and show it's underlying tables...

so I looked here ....
http://db.netbeans.org/doc/howtostart.html

it says

How is the Database Explorer presented in NetBeans?

The starting point to using the Database Explorer module is the Databases node on the Runtime tab of the Explorer window.

sorry but I don't know where this is......... do I install something else or?

says it needs v7.3 - downloading now but do I need a beta just to see tables?

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek

[nbusers] Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

dealTek 12/11/2012

[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

jaya sapam 12/11/2012

[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

dealTek 12/11/2012

[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

Ion Iovu 12/12/2012

[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

dealTek 12/16/2012

[nbusers] Re: Hi - noob question with mac MAMP

Ion Iovu 12/16/2012