[nbusers] Re: editing ".config" file

  • From: Ion Iovu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: editing ".config" file
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:16:55 +0200

ann.maybury,

You already listed everything you need to do.

You need to create a file from scratch, there is no template for that. Make the name of the file my.conf, not my.config or my.conf.txt. You can do that with Notepad (when saving you'll need to select all files instead of text files in the save box)
Put one line into that file:
jdkhome="jre"

Go to next step.

Regards

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM, "> < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I am trying to follow

Installing the JRE via an Application's Installer via Windows (Geertjan's Blog)

When I get to step 7 copied below:
"In your application, e.g., in "nbproject" of your application, create a ".conf" file with, among other things, this entry:

jdkhome="jre"

And register the conf file in the application's "project.properties" file like this:

app.conf=nbproject/my.conf

Now you have specified that the application will use your jre. "

I am stumped.   I cannot find the .config in my Netbeans Platform project.  I have looked using both the netbeans files view an Windows Explorer in the Nebeans Platform definition project and all the modules included in the platform project.   I do not find anything that is denoted by a ".config".

Where can I find this file.  If I have to create it from scratch.  Where can I find the default to use.  What should it's name be and what content is required.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[nbusers] editing ".config" file

12/10/2012

[nbusers] Re: editing ".config" file