[nbusers] Re: Have NB cause the running app to be on top

  • From: Ion Iovu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Have NB cause the running app to be on top
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:37:10 +0200

ralphg,
Netbeans being a java application, when it needs to display a window it relies on the services provided by the underlying window manager (Gnome/KDE/Enlightment/XFCE/wmii etc.)
So the question really becomes if your window manager supports floating windows.
In Mac OS X, as an example floating windows are supported, but I'd have to command 'keep afloat' after the application window is displayed. I don't know of any way to automate this.
The best way is to configure that the application be automatically open afloat (topmost).
wmii allows this, but you have to want this feature hard to invest in the switch.

Regards

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM, ralphg < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Is there a way to have NB cause the newly run program to be the topmost window?

When I run or debug my app, it runs behind NB.

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04

[nbusers] Have NB cause the running app to be on top

ralphg 11/29/2012

[nbusers] Re: Have NB cause the running app to be on top

Ion Iovu 11/29/2012