[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:54:21 -0500

The bigger thing to keep in mind is how you plan to distribute the application. If you plan on the application being something you sell or redistribute outside of your organization then you may want to rethink MySQL as the license isn't such that can happen unless things have changed in the passed couple years. I was looking at it for a project, but then went another direction because of license restrictions.

You can embed Apache Derby. The performance won't be the same, but if you are not using a lot of data necessarily, then it won't matter. Firebird and Postgres can be distributed without license restrictions too for more performance. If you use a database that you can use by just dropping the binaries some where without really *installing* then you can embed it within your final JAR, and then extract it from your JAR and place it some where on the users system where user applications have access and execute it from there and all from programming logic. A little more work, but allows you to distribute an executable JAR if that is really what you need to do.

For more production oriented things you would want to make a more polished installer of course, so you can take advantage of other things which do require an installation to run at that point.

Wade

--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

On 11/26/2012 08:03 PM, "> wrote:
Well you know... That using mySql I thing is good Idea. I make the Script in a class to get it done. Thankss.

If you need small database with decent performance check out MySQL

On Nov 26, 2012 7:40 PM, "safiro21" < "> > wrote:
So i making this java application with database, but the database I using is
in Netbeans.This database only live in netbeans?
If this is correct. I need to create a database script to used  in another
pc?

Now, is any database I can wrap in my java application? I not want to used a
FileDatabase. If is any database I can wrap in my app. Is any tutorial I can
used? Thanks

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

[nbusers] Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

safiro21 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

Marc Farrow 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

cuatrocuadrado 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

Marc Farrow 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

cuatrocuadrado 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: Database Question JavaDB, Sqlite any.

emiddio-frontier 11/27/2012