[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Thomas Wolf < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 05:40:25 -0500

Thomas

NB Android is its own open source project. See:
http://www.nbandroid.org/p/contacts.html

You should be able to find better help there though it doesn't look as active (last forum posts seem to be from September). I'm not sure who all is doing NB Android.

Wade
--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

On 11/26/2012 03:39 PM, Thomas Wolf wrote:
" type="cite">
Sorry if this has an obvious answer:

I'm trying to get started with Android development.  Things started off easy enough - I was able to download/install the latest NBAndroid plugin into my NB (7.2, using JDK 1.6u37 on MacOSX).  When I subsequently clicked on Tools->Android SDK Manager, it asked for a path to the SDK.  Since I didn't have that, I downloaded the latest of that and then, since I didn't know what I was doing, followed the directions in the SDK read me and did "tools/android update sdk --no-ui" - which proceeded to download every Android version under the sun :-(  After all that was done, I restarted NB and went into Tools->Android SDK Manager again - giving it the directory into which the SDK and all its updates resided and, sure enough, the SDK Manager showed all the different Android platforms and add-ons, etc.  All of them showed as "Installed".

But when I went to open a new Android Project, the screen tells me that a "Target Android Platform must be specified" but the list of available platforms is empty.  There's a button that just gets me back to the Preferences->Miscellaneous where one specifies the location of the SDK.  Not much help there.

So I go back into the Tools->Android SDK Manager and uninstall every platform other than Android 4.2 (API 17).  But that doesn't seem to do anything - I still just see an empty list of platforms on the New->Project->Android App wizard page.

I'm missing something really simple, aren't I?  But what that is, I have no idea.  And the NB screens aren't helpful at all (oh, did I mention that nothing happens when I click on "Help" in New Project->Android Application"?)

Attached are screen shots of the relevant screens.  Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Tom

p.s. if someone could forward a mis-spelling to the developer who did "New Android Application" screen: the word "Platform" is misspelled  in the label "Target Platform".

--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

[nbusers] NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Geertjan Wielenga 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

emiddio-frontier 11/27/2012