[nbusers] NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

  • From: Thomas Wolf < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:39:47 -0500

Sorry if this has an obvious answer:

I'm trying to get started with Android development.  Things started off easy enough - I was able to download/install the latest NBAndroid plugin into my NB (7.2, using JDK 1.6u37 on MacOSX).  When I subsequently clicked on Tools->Android SDK Manager, it asked for a path to the SDK.  Since I didn't have that, I downloaded the latest of that and then, since I didn't know what I was doing, followed the directions in the SDK read me and did "tools/android update sdk --no-ui" - which proceeded to download every Android version under the sun :-(  After all that was done, I restarted NB and went into Tools->Android SDK Manager again - giving it the directory into which the SDK and all its updates resided and, sure enough, the SDK Manager showed all the different Android platforms and add-ons, etc.  All of them showed as "Installed".

But when I went to open a new Android Project, the screen tells me that a "Target Android Platform must be specified" but the list of available platforms is empty.  There's a button that just gets me back to the Preferences->Miscellaneous where one specifies the location of the SDK.  Not much help there.

So I go back into the Tools->Android SDK Manager and uninstall every platform other than Android 4.2 (API 17).  But that doesn't seem to do anything - I still just see an empty list of platforms on the New->Project->Android App wizard page.

I'm missing something really simple, aren't I?  But what that is, I have no idea.  And the NB screens aren't helpful at all (oh, did I mention that nothing happens when I click on "Help" in New Project->Android Application"?)

Attached are screen shots of the relevant screens.  Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Tom

p.s. if someone could forward a mis-spelling to the developer who did "New Android Application" screen: the word "Platform" is misspelled  in the label "Target Platform".

[nbusers] NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Geertjan Wielenga 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

Wade Chandler 11/27/2012

[nbusers] Re: NBAndroid question: why can't I see my target platform?

emiddio-frontier 11/27/2012