[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

  • From: Benno Markiewicz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:16:51 +0100

Strange. Did you try to put the class with the main method within a separate package and start it from there?

Greetings markiewb

Am 25.11.2012 18:21 schrieb "leigero" < "> >:
I have done all of the steps everybody above have suggested and have yet to find a solution to this problem.

I don't know why NetBeans would have an automatic setting somewhere that keeps any projects from working. It is quite frustrating.

I DEFINITELY have a main class this happens on every project I create down to the simplest project (brand new project with nothing changed, maybe add a hello world line in there) still won't find main class.

I tell it to create a main class upon creating the project, I check the main class in the properties and the main class listed there is the class that contains the public static void main (String[] args) line.

I've tried unchecking that block I've tried renaming the main classes I've done everything I can think of and i still cant get a single .jar file to run.

What is most baffling is that it LOOKS like all the parts are there. I see the main class, the properties has the correct main class listed and yet it still won't run.

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/broken_159.png

[nbusers] Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

leigero 11/25/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

Benno Markiewicz 11/25/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

Stadelmann Josef 11/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

Ion Iovu 11/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

Ion Iovu 11/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could not find the main class. Even on hello world!

Wade Chandler 11/26/2012