[nbusers] Installation support needed - Netbeans PHP IDE, Windows 7 64-bit AND MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5

  • From: Jim Reynolds < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Installation support needed - Netbeans PHP IDE, Windows 7 64-bit AND MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:24:53 -0500

I recently downloaded Netbeams PHP IDE 7.2.1 on a Windows 7 desktop running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and also on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.7.5.
In both cases, I am set up to develop locally, but after hours of playing with the configuration, both nearly work but neither works as designed.  Different problems in each.  I am more than willing to pay someone to resolve these issues, if paid support or consulting is available.

WINDOWS
I followed the installation instructions and all seems to go well. However, when I start a project, there are no configuration files, no index.php, etc.  Apparently both Apache has a conflict on port 80 and MySQL has a conflict on 3306. I have attached screen shots of the control panel error messages. I also see notes in the docs that 64 bit Windows 7 can have problems but I'm not sure if that's having an effect.  Any guidance is appreciated, and paid support will be readily engaged if it's available.

MACBOOK PRO
Installation here also seemed to go well.  I can launch a new project and the files are there as expected. But when I try to run it, browser fails to connect to the project - e.g.:
http://localhost:8888/PhpProject2/index.php

I expect in both cases I have problems with the configuration settings, with port conflicts, or other versions of Apache or MySQL running (although I have not installed any other development tools that run Apache or MySQL).

Please contact me if you can help to resolve this issue.

Jim Reynolds

[nbusers] Installation support needed - Netbeans PHP IDE, Windows 7 64-bit AND MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5

Jim Reynolds 11/23/2012