[nbusers] Re: Adding classpath to server

  • From: Edson Richter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Adding classpath to server
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:24:22 -0200

Em 20/11/2012 22:12, wales321 escreveu:
" type="cite">
I am creating a java servlet which invokes a method in another class which i use to manipulate data in my database. I have tested the methods separate from the servlet and they work fine. I right clicked on libraries and added my MySQL .jar file there which works fine. When i run it through the servlet though i get INFO: SQLExceptionjava.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/university
So i guessed i need to add the classpath to the server as well. I have read all the documentation and tried to find out where or how i add the jar file or class path, but have had no luck. Could someone help me out, as the program itself is fairly simple but i am stuck on a simple step like this.
The server i am running is glassfish btw

You have to

a) Enable install JDBC driver on server
or
b) Copy the JAR into your domain/lib glassfish folder.

Usually, since I do use 20~30 different JAR files in my projects, I just copy them all into my domain/lib folder.

For automatically deploy:

Servers
      window

Picture taken from the tutorial here: http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/javaee/ecommerce/connect-db.html

Regards,

Edson Richter

[nbusers] Adding classpath to server

wales321 11/21/2012

[nbusers] Re: Adding classpath to server

Edson Richter 11/21/2012