[nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Nephelus < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:20:41 -0400

On 11/01/2012 05:26 PM, Nephelus wrote:
The tutorial worked fine. It didn't ask me to do anything that has been a
problem for me so far.

Like I've been saying, I only have trouble when I try to add a custom GUI
component, like a JPanel class, to another custom component, like a JFrame
class.

Does your project compile otherwise? If so, create a main method some where, and try to create some of your objects. If you can do that, then things should work, but you will need to make sure the class with the main method is in a different package to make sure you don't have any public/protected/private issues. An issue with the form builder is that the classes must be compiled. It will put them onto your classpath. If they are part of a module (NB RCP world) or a JAR, then that is going to be added to the builders classpath. If the project can't be built, then you can have issues. Too, it will cache things it has prebuilt and used. If there is an issue, you may wind up having some cached version used at some point. Sometimes you have to close and reopen the IDE to get around issues. You may find once you compile the entire project your issues go away as well.

If you can't sort it out, can you put together a simple throw away example of your issue in some project you can share? If you can do that, it may give folks an idea of your issue.

Wade

--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

[nbusers] Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Nephelus 10/31/2012

[nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Edson Richter 11/02/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbusers] Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Nephelus 11/01/2012

[nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Chuck Davis 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Wade Chandler 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.

Nephelus 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Trouble combining GUI classes with the JAVA GUI Builder.