[nbusers] Re: Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?

  • From: "Paul T. Jenkins" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:28:34 -0500

Probably because the debug information has not been removed. Code could be in the beta to track certain functions or to gather information about critical operations. Go figure. Release versions are stripped of all that stuff to make it more efficient. Sound reasonable? I could be totally incorrect in my assumptions.

-----Original Message----- From: BlueScreenJunky
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 13:31

It doesn't bother me at all but I'm curious : I noticed that the install files for Netbeans 7.3 beta versions are about twice as big as the ones for 7.2.1 or 7.3 development builds ? Could someone explain why ?

[nbusers] Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?

BlueScreenJunky 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?

Paul T. Jenkins 11/16/2012

[nbusers] Re: Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?

Benno Markiewicz 11/16/2012

[nbusers] Re: Just curious : Why are the beta versions much bigger than 7.2 or development ?

Javier Ortiz 11/16/2012