[nbusers] Re: How do I upgrade

  • From: Edson Richter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: How do I upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:20:01 -0200

Em 15/11/2012 09:16, Babatunde escreveu:
" type="cite">
I am currently using Netbeans 6.9.1 IDE for my Java codes, i would love to upgrade to 7.3. How do I go about that? Thank you.
Tunde

Should be simple:

0) Make a backup of your .netbeans folder (in your user home folder), and your projects.
1) You should be aware that 7.3 is still beta, and not stable.
2) Check if you do use any special plugin (like GWT, or others). Check if they already support recent versions. Remember that 7.x family has no Visual WEB, or UML, of Java Application Framework (JAF). But has lots of other features that would justify an upgrade.
3) After install, NB should offer to import your old settings. If not, you will have to rebuild your libraries and then you can just open your projects, and each project file will be updated to the new version.

Regards,

Edson

[nbusers] How do I upgrade

Babatunde 11/15/2012