[nbusers] Re: Property description of custom UI component

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Mitch Claborn < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Property description of custom UI component
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:37:22 -0500

On 11/15/2012 10:14 AM, Mitch Claborn wrote:
I have various classes that inherit from standard Swing components, e.g. MyTable inherits from JTable and has some custom properties. In the property editor in NB, I can see and manipulate the property setting.

How can I make NB show a short description of my custom properties in the property editor the way it does for the standard properties?

You need to create a BeanInfo and return property descriptors. See the java.beans package as well as look up the JavaBeans specifications (reading those will help a lot). Too, you will want to implement property change listeners. NB follows the specifications

Hope it helps,

Wade

--

=================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer and Consultant
NetBeans Contributor
NetBeans Dream Team Member

wadechandler.com
netbeans.org

[nbusers] Property description of custom UI component

Mitch Claborn 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Property description of custom UI component

Wade Chandler 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Property description of custom UI component

Mitch Claborn 11/16/2012