[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

  • From: Edson Richter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:23:53 -0200

Ok, I got your point.
You can

a) Use JDK 7 for both, but set compiler to to target version 6:

Set JDK 7 for runtime:

Set JDK 6 for compilation:

If you have any trouble, also set -target as below:

Em 14/11/2012 23:16, Thomas Wolf escreveu:
" type="cite">
Edison, I saw that the first one was for desktop, but the platform selection is a combo box, so how do you select BOTH the compile-time platform AND the runtime platform?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 14, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Edson Richter

      "><
      > wrote:

In the screenshots, look carefully. First one is for desktop apps.

Second one is for servers.

Regards,

Edson

Em 14/11/2012 18:41, Thomas Wolf escreveu:
I just read the thread and it looks like you have a solution for the WebApps case (at least I assume it does as you appear to be able to set the runtime servers), but not for the desktop apps case - which is, unfortunately, what I have.  In the example you gave, don't you manually have to change your platform to JRockit to run and then back to JDK 1.7 to build?  At least that's what I have to do.

Thnx,
tom

On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Thomas Wolf

      "><
      > wrote:

oops - thanks Edson.
tom

On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Edson Richter

      "><
      > wrote:

Em 14/11/2012 18:21, Thomas Wolf escreveu:
I need to compile my app with JDK 6, but it has to also be able to run in a Java 7 runtime environment.  There doesn't appear to be a way for me to set compile-time platform vs. runtime platform in Project->Properties->Libraries…or am I overlooking something?  If not, I will put in an RFE.

Why am I suddenly interested in this feature after so many years of using NB?  Well, our app currently only builds in JDK 6.  But I just noticed that our app is having difficulty with Nimbus L&F in Java 7.  So to fix it, I need to run in Java 7.

Thanks for all info.
Tom
Few hours ago we have discussed this topic. Check the archives, from King Lung Chiu.

Regards,

Edson

[nbusers] Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/16/2012