[nbusers] Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

  • From: Thomas Wolf < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:21:38 -0500

I need to compile my app with JDK 6, but it has to also be able to run in a
Java 7 runtime environment.  There doesn't appear to be a way for me to set
compile-time platform vs. runtime platform in
Project->Properties->Libraries…or am I overlooking something?  If not, I will
put in an RFE.

Why am I suddenly interested in this feature after so many years of using NB?
 Well, our app currently only builds in JDK 6.  But I just noticed that our
app is having difficulty with Nimbus L&F in Java 7.  So to fix it, I need to
run in Java 7.

Thanks for all info.
Tom

[nbusers] Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Edson Richter 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

Thomas Wolf 11/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Is it possible to have a different JRE from the build Java platform?

www was started in November 2009, is owned by jpirek, and has 25 members.
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use (revision 20150226.965aeb8). © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo