[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

  • From: "Dan Halbert" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:39:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Friday, November 2, 2012 1:53pm, "Milos Kleint" < > said:

> > When I try to add this dependency by clicking on the lightbulb action:
> > "Search Dependency at Maven Repositories for
> > org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils", I get "No Matching Items".
>
> It seems to work for me, not sure what the problem could be though. if
> you right click the "Maven Repositories" node in Services and click
> Find.. check "classes" in the dialog appearing, do you get zero
> results as well?

It finds a different FileUtils, in org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2: artifact is "jetspeed-fileutils-maven-plugin".

If I search for StringUtils (expecting to find it in org.apache.commons.lang), it finds nothing. However, StringUtils does not have the second problem below (see below).

> > If I go to
> > Services->Central Repository->commons-io->commons-io->2.4 [jar],
> right
> > click, and click "View Details", I get an error window popping up:
> >
> > The artifact failed to resolve with the following message:
> > Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> > [ERROR] Failed to determine Java version for profile java-1.5-detected @
> > org.apache.commons:commons-parent:25,
> > /my/repopath/m2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/25/commons-parent-25.pom,
> > line 1011, column 14
> > for project
> >

> I'm getting this as well, might we worth filing as issue. There's not
> a direct way of loading MavenProject instance through maven embedder
> for a pom file from repository only. So most likely the way we use
> doesn't cope well with profiles based on jdk version.

I just tried this in NB7.2 on Windows 7, also with JDK1.6.0_37 (but no other JDK around at all), and get the same problem. However, the problem seems restricted to commons-io. I guess I was just unlucky. Other packages like commons-http, commons-lang, etc., do not give that error.

Dan

[nbusers] Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Dan Halbert 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Fabrizio Giudici 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Dan Halbert 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Fabrizio Giudici 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Milos Kleint 11/02/2012