[nbusers] Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

  • From: "Dan Halbert" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:55:56 -0400 (EDT)

I have created my first Maven project in NB7.2.1 from a small existing Java program. Previously I added third-party jars manually to my library. I seem to be having trouble looking up certain common third-party jars in the Central Repository.

This is a vanilla Maven Java project. I have not edited the pom.xml file created by Netbeans. I have my own .m2/settings.xml, but the only changes I made are to move my local repository away from my home directory and to specify some proxies (which work).

One of my source files has:
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils;

When I try to add this dependency by clicking on the lightbulb action: "Search Dependency at Maven Repositories for org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils", I get "No Matching Items". If I go to Services->Central Repository->commons-io->commons-io->2.4 [jar], right click, and click "View Details", I get an error window popping up:

The artifact failed to resolve with the following message:
Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Failed to determine Java version for profile java-1.5-detected @ org.apache.commons:commons-parent:25, /my/repopath/m2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/25/commons-parent-25.pom, line 1011, column 14
for project

I'm kind of mystified as to what's broken here, and websearching hasn't helped much. Thanks for any help you could offer.

Dan

[nbusers] Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Dan Halbert 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Fabrizio Giudici 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Dan Halbert 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Fabrizio Giudici 11/02/2012

[nbusers] Re: Maven problem: can't add commons-io from Central Repository

Milos Kleint 11/02/2012