[nbusers] Re: font color of unknown symbol

  • From: trhouse < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: font color of unknown symbol
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:10:31 -0700

Benno. I didn't file an RFE .. I always wait to see what other people know.  Let me try this out. Thanks!

On 10/26/2012 1:41 AM, Benno Markiewicz wrote:
" type="cite"> > What 7.3 (and perhaps before) seems to do is render the unknown symbol using the user-provided font settings for static members.
I do not think so.

Use Font&Colors ->Syntax -> Error.  Have a look at the following example. Does it work for you this way? If yes then please close the RFE.

Greetings markiewb

Am 25.10.2012 21:01, schrieb trhouse:
" type="cite">Hi All,

 In the font->color dialog box, there is no specific reification of "unknown symbol".  Yet when the editor encounters an unknown symbol, of course it renders it in some font and color combination. What 7.3 (and perhaps before) seems to do is render the unknown symbol using the user-provided font settings for static members.

My goal is to look at my editor and know instantly from the color of the font that I have a (many) problem(s) and where it(they) is(are). The way things are now, I have to *manually* figure out which is a static import and which is an unknown symbol. When I am going along authoring  code, it's not such a problem but if I cut and paste example code or fragments that someone else gives me, it's  a pain.

What I am thinking is this unknown==static thing is an leaking abstraction / artifact of the algorithm used internally to determine what color to color the font. I imagine it starts at least scope- a local variable and failing that proceeds outwards in scope. When it comes to static or global scope, it gives up and uses the color-font of the last place it tried- static scope.  Obviously, just a guess.

Anyway, it would be great to have a special font-color available to indicate "unknown symbol" . I am going to file an RFE

Thoughts?

[nbusers] font color of unknown symbol

trhouse 10/25/2012

[nbusers] Re: font color of unknown symbol

Benno Markiewicz 10/26/2012

[nbusers] Re: font color of unknown symbol

trhouse 10/26/2012