[nbusers] Re: editing generated code

  • From: Edson Richter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: editing generated code
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:00:19 -0200

Em 26/10/2012 07:26, trhouse escreveu:
Very interesting approach full of good ideas Edson, thank you. This caught my eye:

Thanks, these ideas came from real life systems, and the merit is not mine. There were dozen of programmers involved, I learned a lot with them.

"It is a matter of preference. I love GridBagLayout. Works great creating GUI that is fully compatible with Linux and Windows. "

Well, I want to mean that I had trouble with AbsoluteLayout positioning, BorderLayout, and others (like Matisse). Finally, our 2000 JPanels where converted to GridBagLayout, and we stopped to have problems (from the easier to the most complex layouts, it worked always).

Is there evidence that GroupLayouts are not compatible with Linux and WIndows (and Mac) at the same time , i.e. the exact same code does not look as good on all three? Code written using Gridbag does work well on all three I know from experience.

No evidence that I know. I just had no time for trying to discover why some behavior was caused by layout or by unexperienced programmers. At that time, I was pushed to define a standard, and then I decided for the one I know most.
When we are researching, we have plenty of time for testing new stuff. But when we have a timeline with strict delivery dates, then we just do what has to be done.

Regards,

Edson

On 10/25/2012 7:07 PM, Edson Richter wrote:

It is a matter of preference. I love GridBagLayout. Works great creating GUI that is fully compatible with Linux and Windows.

[nbusers] editing generated code

trhouse 10/25/2012

[nbusers] Re: editing generated code

Javier Ortiz 10/25/2012