[nbusers] Re: GUI tool problem

  • From: trhouse < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: GUI tool problem
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:10:27 -0700

OK looking at the code the GUI builder created, I would say that *somehow* the layout manager changed from GroupLayout to the default (BorderLayout). I never did this, I swear and what's ore I couldn't figure out how to select the basic Frame so as to change it back . Huh. So there's a piece of the puzzle.. the JFileChooser was under another component and both of them were located in the layout using CENTER . I swear never did this.

On 10/24/2012 2:43 PM, trhouse wrote:
Hi all,
I am having a problem with the GUI tool. In a nutshell, it seems to be randomly displaying only a subset of components that are in fact in the GUI and doing so with what amounts to a random layout.

The thing is, this code is uneditable except indirectly through refactoring. So I have to believe that it's either confused or a refactorign went bad. I was just fine last night but today, on first launch and after some refactorings that may have effected it, it's broken.

I am sorry I can't be more helpful than that. At least, JFileChooser which is clearly (looking at the code) in the content pane is not showing. After that, who knows what else is happening or why since it's likely to quickly become effectively indeterminant once a component is just missing.

I know this is skimpy on details and probably isn't that helpful. One thing that would help me to help you would be a way to view the container hierarchy in hierarchical form. That way I could at least confirm the presence / absence of individual components which is sort of baseline level of correctness that is easy enough to confirm or deny.

Normally I would assume I had done something and I'd be right, but since the code is uneditable, I have to conclude otherwise... :)

Anyway.. if you've got more reports like this , then you've got another one now. Otherwise perhaps this is a first.

[nbusers] GUI tool problem

trhouse 10/24/2012

[nbusers] Re: GUI tool problem

trhouse 10/24/2012