[nbusers] Re: Could Not find or load main class (file)

  • From: "Bayless Kirtley" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Re: Could Not find or load main class (file)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:39:03 -0500

The jar file specifies the original path to its main class. By moving to another location, it has been changed.

-----Original Message----- From: Dsr122076
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Subject: [nbusers] Could Not find or load main class (file)

Ok I am new to programming. In fact This is my second week in class. We are using Netbeans to program. I am able to get my program compiled and to run in the netbeans environment. However, when I copied the .java file to c:\java programs file folder to attempt to do the same from the command line it complies and creates the .class file. I can see both the .java and .class in the same folder.
I then try to run the program i type : java (filename without the .class portion). I get the following message: could not find or load main class (filename).

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
BTW CLASSPATH is pointing to jdk1.7.0_07\bin
PATH is pointing to many files including the jdk file as well.

-----
No virus found in this message.

[nbusers] Could Not find or load main class (file)

Dsr122076 10/15/2012

[nbusers] Re: Could Not find or load main class (file)

Bayless Kirtley 10/15/2012