[nbusers] Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

  • From: trhouse < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:55:27 -0700

Hi all,
 I downloaded NB today. I am on Win 7, latest version all updates etc. I have jdk707 which I downloaded with NB.

My problem is, the fonts I see in NB just can't be right. I am confident most people would rate them as unusable. I am not an Apple user or anything like that.. just anything is OK with me, but this is really terrible.

I include a couple of screen captures so as to spare you my describing what I see.

I tried editing the conf file in various ways as found online and in forums which I am sure you're familiar with, with zero improvement.

I also included a screen shot of just plain old Swing font rendering on the same machine same JDK .. it's a from demo jnlp from Oracle's site. The fonts in that demo program look A-OK by me, but I am not fussy about fonts.

Nevertheless, this just can't be right.

I've tried the top-level things you might suggest I tried all different fonts.I tried different sizes. I tried different JDKs. I fiddled with conf (NetBeans 7.2\etc\netbeans.conf),  with the -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=lcd (the last place I set it to but it's been everything more or less)

Fiddling with that has a bad smell anyways; I think NB doesn't intend for you to have to do it,  the defaults just ought to work for almost everyone, right?  I have a completely modern machine in every way you can think of. At this point, actually I am totally stumped.

What I am hoping is someone familiar  with this will take one look at my screenshot and say "Oh. that's THIS  thing".

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely....

[nbusers] Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

trhouse 10/12/2012

[nbusers] Re: Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

Edson Richter 10/13/2012

[nbusers] Re: Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

trhouse 10/13/2012

[nbusers] Re: Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

Edson Richter 10/13/2012

[nbusers] Re: Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

trhouse 10/14/2012

[nbusers] Re: Netbeans rendering on WIndows 7

Edson Richter 10/14/2012