[nbusers] [news] NetBeans 7.3 testers wanted

  • From: Jiří Kovalský < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbusers] [news] NetBeans 7.3 testers wanted
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:01:11 +0200

Hello NetBeans fans!

The NetBeans team is pleased to announce official start of the NetBeans Community Acceptance Testing (NetCAT) program for the NetBeans IDE 7.3 stabilization cycle. The NetBeans IDE 7.3 feature highlights include in short:

   * brand new web client (JavaScript editor, debugger, built-in browser)
   * performance improvements focused on memory usage
   * enhanced Editor responsiveness
   * improved JavaFX 2 integration
   * several handy enhancements in Profiler
   * better PHP, Groovy support
   * many improvements in Window System, Maven, VCS, Installer or Debugger
   * and much more...

To help test brand new features in the NetBeans IDE 7.3 development builds, report bugs or RFEs or review new documentation, don't hesitate and sign up for NetCAT [1], our popular beta testing program. As a NetCAT participant, you will provide valuable feedback to our development team and this way significantly influence stability and performance of the NetBeans IDE. We are looking for NetBeans community members who:

  * believe in Open Source Software development
  * can spare at least 4 hours weekly from mid September to mid January
* are willing to do sanity, performance and end-to-end testing of critical NetBeans IDE features
  * want to cooperate with similar enthusiasts on this planet :)

[1] http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetCAT

If you want to gain new experience and receive community recognition as a side effect, register for NetCAT 7.3 right now!

Best regards,
--
Jiří Kovalský
NetBeans Community Manager

[nbusers] [news] NetBeans 7.3 testers wanted

Jiří Kovalský 09/10/2012