[nbusers] Fw: Maven Repository Browser - does it use settings.xml ?

  • From: Peter Hansson < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] Fw: Maven Repository Browser - does it use settings.xml ?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:23:51 -0700 (PDT)

My company has enabled authentication for reading from the company Maven repository.

I cannot get this to work with the NB build-in Maven Repository Browser. Any attempt to re-index the given repository gives the following error message in the IDE log:

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.maven.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexerImpl]: could not (re-)index companysnaprepo
java.io.IOException: Authorization exception retrieving nexus-maven-repository-index.properties

I'm perfectly able to read from this repository for projects from within the IDE (i.e. for Maven build actions, etc), it is the GUI Repository Browser I have problems with.

I have my Maven credentials configured in ~/.m2/settings.xml. I make sure that the <id> sections match exactly with what I use for the repository ID when I configure the repository in the browser.

Still I get the authentication error.

Wouldn't the Repository Browser pick up and use the ~/.m2/settings.xml file ?

This question is also on the forum (http://forums.netbeans.org/topic38575.html) where it is unanswered.

Nexus note for those who wish to re-produce: On Nexus implementations the server is by default open for reading for anybody without authentication. To disable this functionality find the user named "anonymous" in Nexus and disable him. Then see if you can get Netbeans Maven Repository Browser to read from a repository on the Nexus server.

Thx.

Peter

[nbusers] Fw: Maven Repository Browser - does it use settings.xml ?

Peter Hansson 08/31/2012