[nbusers] NB71 Gui Design failure

  • From: Damian Carey < >
  • To: nbusers < >
  • Subject: [nbusers] NB71 Gui Design failure
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:53:10 +1100

Hello,

Our project has been on the Netbeans Platform since 2005.  There are perhaps a hundred GUI forms created over the years with the Netbeans designer, and generally it has worked faultlessly. Until now.

This week I've taken the time to try to migrate to NB7.0.1 to NB7.1. Originally I did try a few design forms - and all OK. So I committed and we have moved to NB71, and also made a few changes to ensure we are working with Java 7 too.

However - over the last day or so I've been doing a few mods on some random forms and I am having problems opening these forms with the Designer. It is OK to open as Source, but not in Design.  Note that these are forms that have existed for years and had no problems, so it seems that it is NB71 having the problem with code it previously generated. There are no problems compiling or running the source - so this seems to be a Netbeans issue. I guess it is to do with the ".form" file that co-habitates with the ".java" file. But this is generated by Netbeans and I have never touched it.

My problem today is that I cannot even go to the Design. I click - it flickers for a few seconds - and returns itself to showing the Source.

Does anyone have any clues what the issue could be ?

The IDE log shows this ...

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.form.FormEditor]: For input string: " "
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: " "
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:554)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadConstraints(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:1262)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadComponent(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:902)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.restoreComponent(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:822)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadComponent(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:956)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.restoreComponent(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:822)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadComponent(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:956)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadForm(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:528)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.GandalfPersistenceManager.loadForm(GandalfPersistenceManager.java:312)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.FormEditor$2.run(FormEditor.java:341)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.FormLAF$2.run(FormLAF.java:286)
at org.openide.util.Mutex.doEventAccess(Mutex.java:1361)
at org.openide.util.Mutex.readAccess(Mutex.java:320)
at org.netbeans.modules.form.FormLAF.executeWithLookAndFeel(FormLAF.java:269)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.form.FormEditor.loadFormData(FormEditor.java:338)
at org.netbeans.modules.nbform.FormEditorSupport.loadOpeningForm(FormEditorSupport.java:443)
at org.netbeans.modules.nbform.FormDesignerTC.loadForm(FormDesignerTC.java:274)
at org.netbeans.modules.nbform.FormDesignerTC.access$300(FormDesignerTC.java:86)
at org.netbeans.modules.nbform.FormDesignerTC$PreLoadTask$1.run(FormDesignerTC.java:263)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:646)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:607)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:605)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:162)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
-Damian

[nbusers] NB71 Gui Design failure