[nbj2ee] Re: Lookup a topcomponent

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: Lookup a topcomponent
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:29:27 -0500

Hello Eric,

You posted this to the wrong list. I suggest you post it to the  "> list.

____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Eric55 < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I'm missing something fundimental here.

I'm trying to loosely couple 2 modules, sender and receiver

In sender
private ReceiverTopComponent receivertopcomponent = new  ReceiverTopComponent ();

in constructor it calls
associateLookup(Lookups.singleton(receivertopcomponent);

OnButtonPress it calls recievers setText Method.

In Reciver
setText justs puts text in a textfield.

This all works but the sender creates a new instance of receiver which is bad.

What am I missing?  How do I get sender to talk to the displayed instance of receiver?

[nbj2ee] Lookup a topcomponent

Eric55 11/29/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: Lookup a topcomponent

Geertjan Wielenga 11/29/2012