[nbj2ee] Re: web service deployment problem

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: web service deployment problem
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:15:18 -0400

The deployment server should be able to handle the deployed war file so that it looks like http://43.33.73.6:8080/WebMoyo/XXX

The server should also have a JNDI connection to your database which you should use instead a raw connection. You would inject your @DataSource which would point to the JNDI connection.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM, danday006 < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I am currently working with a web service that performs some database operation. After deploying it i discovered it works perfectly on the localhost but i need it to deploy it to a web address say : 43:33:73:6 so that i will be able to consume it from any where via internet.. so my questions is how do i deploy this to my web directory and also what will my database connection look like (the connection in the web service.). am using NetBeans 6.9.1 thanks in advance.

My webservice url looks like this when testing it with glassfish though it also works fine with tomcat:

http://localhost:8080/WebMoyo/connect_To_DbService?Tester

i have something like this for the DB connection:

Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
url = ""jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mhealth?";
con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "root", "")

[nbj2ee] web service deployment problem

danday006 10/13/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: web service deployment problem

John Yeary 10/15/2012