[nbj2ee] Re: How can I do this with java?

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: How can I do this with java?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:11:15 -0400

This is possible, but it is not a 30s response.

I would suggest that you start with looking at File API which will give you a hint on how to read the files from a directory. A FileFilter class can be used to segment the the file types of interest, and then you can do with it as you like.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:25 AM, alvin567 < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I phrase it simpler:
Read all files from a folder in the same directory
Files with the same name but different extension
On .txt extensions,count the number of words,the start and end offset of each word,output into a textfiles
Merge a1,a2,ann,rel(other file extensions),on read each line,and store it into a data-structure
Join results of 3,4 and output into a new folder <previousfolder>_result
What are the operations that I can use to achieve this with java?

[nbj2ee] How can I do this with java?

alvin567 10/13/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: How can I do this with java?

John Yeary 10/15/2012

Message not available

[nbj2ee] How can I do this with java?

alvin567 10/18/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: How can I do this with java?

John Yeary 10/18/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: How can I do this with java?

Antonio Varela 10/18/2012