[nbj2ee] Re: f:convertDateTime

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: f:convertDateTime
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 08:49:04 -0400

So are you returning a date, or timestamp? The date in the database in the absence of a time will always be 0:00:00 since that is the start of a day. If the times are in the database, then the behavior is incorrect.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM, AeneasTroy < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I get the same problem.

If I query a date from a MySQL database from a regular Java Program,
It works just fine.

But from a jsp page, I always get 0:00:00

It always returns the correct information, for example,
if I say
SELECT * FROM MyDB
ORDER BY MyDate

It orders it by the date in the Database.

I haven't figured out why.

P.S. Sorry, I'm a newbie. I've only been doing this for 2 months.

[nbj2ee] f:convertDateTime

Andreas Ernst 10/03/2012

<Possible follow-up(s)>

[nbj2ee] f:convertDateTime