[nbj2ee] Re: Grails (and Griffon) Dialog with a command requiring a response

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: Grails (and Griffon) Dialog with a command requiring a response
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 08:45:48 -0400

Please open an issue for this behavior. I am not familiar with what you are doing since I don't use Grails, but it seems incorrect. This way we have a means of getting the right person to look at it.

NetBeans is supposed to be a positive platform for development, and something like that is hindering the productivity we are striving for.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:41 AM, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
This happens in 7.3 Beta (but is true for several version), on Windows,
when using the right -click to run a command in the app, such a "grails
create-domain-class book", if the grails command requires a response,
(such as "file Book.groovy already exists, overwrite? [y,n,a]", since
the dialog is modal, there is no way to respond to the prompt. This
requires terminating NetBeans with the Windows "end task"

This behavior has led me to run all my Griffon and Grails commands
outside of NetBeans, while still using NetBeans for the editing. Every
once in a while I use a command inside NetBeans because it's quicker
and easier, it works and I start doing it that way again -- until at
command requires a response and I remember why I don't do that.

Is there a fix for this behavior, perhaps making the dialog not modal?

[nbj2ee] Grails (and Griffon) Dialog with a command requiring a response

swalton 10/06/2012

[nbj2ee] Re: Grails (and Griffon) Dialog with a command requiring a response

John Yeary 10/08/2012