[nbj2ee] Re: RESTful

  • From: John Yeary < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbj2ee] Re: RESTful
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:32:33 -0400

Hello Rolando,

Apache 2 Web server does not support Java directly. You would need to provide a forwarding mechanism to a Java  server like GlassFish, or Tomcat to handle the requests. There are a number ways to accomplish this mod_jk for example.

Here is a link to Amy Roh's article on how to do this with GlassFish.

John
____________________________

John Yeary
____________________________
NetBeans Dream Team
President Greenville Java Users Group
Java Users Groups Community Leader
Java Enterprise Community Leader

____________________________

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:28 AM, rolando < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,
I am Netbeans and RESTful newbie, but I developed a RESTful Web service and I have tested successfully in my machine. However I don't know what to do for publish him in my hosting entity (Apache 2.0).
Can you help me?
Regards,
Rolando

[nbj2ee] RESTful