[nbdev] IDE and plugin statistics

  • From: Radim Kubacki < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] IDE and plugin statistics
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:03:24 +0200

Hi,

I wonder what are current numbers of active NB users. statistics.netbeans.org is down (is this the same problem as the one that Marian pointed out on Apr 5 and it takes more than two weeks to migrate the site under corporation like Oracle ;-) )

And another question: can someone clarify meaning of download numbers at http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/ With all due respect to module authors there are some big numbers where I am curious how they map to user popularity (count of real active users). It looks like a system favoring multiple download versions per IDE version and possibly doing updates here.

On a related note this page show ratings X/5. Well, I can see that 5 is max number of stars and it would be more useful to show count of votes here. They are low even for popular plugins and we (module authors) need to learn how to market our products :-)

To give you some context: nbandroid.org site that hosts our plugin is accessed from ~7.000 IPs weekly. Vast majority is the AUC. This also maps to 10.000+ visitors monthly. This is upper bound when talking about active users and I am seriously thinking about gathering some statistics to get real usage number on my own. When hosted on kenai.com we saw 20.000+ downloads for some plugin versions if they lingered there for a while (repeated downloads and one-time users). If other people can share their information it would be nice to know.

-Radim

[nbdev] IDE and plugin statistics

Radim Kubacki 04/17/2013