[nbdev] Re: Question on Preferences API

  • From: Hermann Matthes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Question on Preferences API
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:42:26 +0200

Hello Emilian,
currently I store for example the database configuration parameters within a layer file. And I would prefer to use it also for the other configuration options because its really simple to use.
By the way: Is it possible to have 2 different executables within one NB module? Then it would be really easy.

Hermann

Am 14.04.2013 12:49, schrieb Emilian Bold:
" type="cite">
Probably not worth the trouble to subclass NbPreferences.Provider for that (if that's what you are thinking). Preferences itself is a pretty large class and you probably just need key-values on the server.

How would using NbPreference help -- just because of the common API?

--emi

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Hermann Matthes < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello,
I'm writing a client/server system where a server configuration utility (GUI) should be able to set the preferences of the server (No GUI).
  • Is it possible to do that using the netbeans preferences api?
  • If so, how can I do it?
  • If not, are there other possiblilies?

Thanks a lot in advance
Hermann