[nbdev] Re: Lookup Problem

  • From: Hermann Matthes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Lookup Problem
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:20:55 +0100

Hello Peter,
You're right, what I really need is to find all the items my UI presents. On the other hand my items are allways represented by nodes.

The use case is: I have several Outline Views which display database content. A database item may be presented in different views using different nodes. The user (or a server callback) changes one item and all the nodes which represent this item should automatically update their item.

What about this solution:
I define an interface IItemNodeProvider which every item displaying component implements. A global lookup keep track of those components. Then on an item update this lookup is used to find the nodes which represent the changed item.

Is this a good approach ?

Hermann

Am 22.03.2013 19:44, schrieb Peter Blemel:
" type="cite">

Hi Hermann,

As a developer I would question why it is that you need to do this.  Nodes are a just a visual representation of a data model.   There are issues with trying to fetch all of the nodes that include having to traverse children, to create additional nodes when you can just traverse the data model instead.

Regards,
Peter

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:00:50 +0100
> From: ">
> To: ">
> Subject: [nbdev] Lookup Problem
>
> Hello all,
> is there an easy way to find all nodes of all outline views of all my
> top components without creating a separate lookup?
>
> Hermann

[nbdev] Lookup Problem

Hermann Matthes 03/22/2013

[nbdev] Re: Lookup Problem