[nbdev] Re: Problem with ChildFactory

  • From: Hermann Matthes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Problem with ChildFactory
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:04:26 +0100

I found the solution for myself.

OutlineView searches its ExplorerManager starting at the parent of the Component Hierachy, not at itself. So implementing ExplorerManager.Provider on a derivation of OutlineView doesn't help. You need a parent component (like a JPanel), which implements ExplorerManager.Provider.

Am 21.03.2013 22:08, schrieb Hermann Matthes:
Hello all,
I have a custom OutlineView with its own ExplorerManager and Lookup. The lookup is created using

ExplorerUtils.createLookup(explorerManager, getActionMap())

After creation of the OutlineView, I set the root node of its explorer manger to a Node, which extends from Abstract node. In the node constructor I call

super(Children.create(childFactory, false), lookup);

But the only thing I see in the OutlineView is an empty root node (if getOutline().setRootVisible(true) is used) and non of the child factory methods are ever called.

What's my fault? Any ideas?

Hermann

[nbdev] Problem with ChildFactory

Hermann Matthes 03/21/2013