[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

  • From: Peter Blemel < >
  • To: NetBeans Mailing list < >
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:42:58 -0700

Hi,

It's 227008.  I am trying to carve enough time out of my day today to come up with a test case that isn't as complex as my code base.

Peter

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:29:10 +0100

Can you give the issue number? Can you give steps to reproduce?

Gj

On 03/05/2013 02:32 AM, Peter Blemel wrote:
">
Okay, I've figured out what's happening, but not why.   I have 3 sets of module suites.   I have a bunch of core classes in Suite A.  Suite B contains a module that uses modules in Suite A.  Suite C is mostly UI elements that use both B & A.

Some time ago I stopped using the old way of chaining module suites, where I would have combined A & B into a platform, and got in the habit of just "add(ing) project"s to suites via the Libraries tab on the aggregate suite.  Suite B has Suite A in it's Libraries tab.  Suite C has both Suite A and Suite B in it's Libraries tab.

Prior to 7.3 this approach worked.  NetBeans 7.3 can no longer resolve B's dependency on A's modules in the context of launching Suite C given that C uses both B and A.  Looking at the messages that I'm getting, they're all of the form "<Module in B>: The module named <Module in A> was needed and not found".  This is not limited to my modules, but also is a problem for NetBeans modules.  For example, a UI component in B that uses the Nodes API produces the same error, even though C also uses the Nodes API.  There are no unresolved references shown, and Module A is checked in suite C's "Platform Modules' list.

This behavior is new to 7.3.  I filed an issue against it, but unfortunately this means I need to go back to using 7.2.1 (or see if creating a platform works).

Thanks,
Peter

[nbdev] Did module loading change in 7.3?

Peter Blemel 03/01/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Jean-Marc Borer 03/01/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Peter Blemel 03/01/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Peter Blemel 03/05/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Geertjan Wielenga 03/05/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Peter Blemel 03/05/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Peter Blemel 03/06/2013

[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?

Geertjan Wielenga 03/06/2013