[nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?
- From: Peter Blemel <
- To: NetBeans Mailing list <
- Subject: [nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:42:58 -0700
- Importance: Normal
It's 227008. I am trying to carve enough time out of my day today to come up with a test case that isn't as complex as my code base.
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:29:10 +0100
Subject: [nbdev] Re: Did module loading change in 7.3?
Can you give the issue number? Can you give steps to reproduce?
On 03/05/2013 02:32 AM, Peter Blemel wrote:
Okay, I've figured out what's happening, but not
why. I have 3 sets of module suites. I have a bunch of
core classes in Suite A. Suite B contains a module that uses
modules in Suite A. Suite C is mostly UI elements that use
both B & A.
Some time ago I stopped using the old way of chaining module
suites, where I would have combined A & B into a platform,
and got in the habit of just "add(ing) project"s to suites via
the Libraries tab on the aggregate suite. Suite B has Suite A
in it's Libraries tab. Suite C has both Suite A and Suite B
in it's Libraries tab.
Prior to 7.3 this approach worked. NetBeans 7.3 can no longer
resolve B's dependency on A's modules in the context of
launching Suite C given that C uses both B and A. Looking at
the messages that I'm getting, they're all of the form
"<Module in B>: The module named <Module in A> was
needed and not found". This is not limited to my modules, but
also is a problem for NetBeans modules. For example, a UI
component in B that uses the Nodes API produces the same
error, even though C also uses the Nodes API. There are no
unresolved references shown, and Module A is checked in suite
C's "Platform Modules' list.
This behavior is new to 7.3. I filed an issue against it, but
unfortunately this means I need to go back to using 7.2.1 (or
see if creating a platform works).
About this Project