[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

  • From: Benno Markiewicz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 00:08:27 +0100

> Does a Java source file contain any information about its "fold state"?
Yes, of course. *g* org.netbeans.api.editor.fold.FoldHierarchy I saw it in the source of the plugin http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/35534/codefold
http://code.google.com/p/netbeans-codefold/source/browse/trunk/src/org/thiel/codefold/CodeFoldTopComponent.java

Greetings markiewb

Am 04.02.2013 00:01, schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
On 02/03/2013 09:04 PM, cmann wrote:

It started to seem like it was impossible because I could find not anything in the tutorials or documentation for something which I thought would be a fairly simple task, and because you seemed very reluctant to give me an answer.

What you want to do, in your own words, is: "What I want is to save the fold state of a file when it is saved or closed to a file somewhere on disk so that when it is reopened the saved fold state can be read from disk and restored."

Now, I'm really curious how you're going to get that information from the file, now that you know how to listen for its opened and saved state. Does a Java source file contain any information about its "fold state"? That's why I was extremely reluctant to respond to your requests -- because what you want help with isn't going to help you with what you want to do.

Gj

Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
All I've been doing is trying to find out what your use case is. Doesn't
seem like you're clear about that yourself.

In what way was what I wanted unclear? I thought it was extremely simple and I'm not sure how else I could have explained it.

Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
Anyway, this is a starting point for what you seem to want to do:

http://java.net/projects/nbwicketsupport/sources/nbwicketsupport/content/WicketSuite/WicketCore/src/org/netbeans/modules/web/wicket/installer/Installer.java

Thanks, that seems to be what I am looking for.

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

(continued)

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/02/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/02/2013

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Benno Markiewicz 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Thomas Schneider 02/04/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Benno Markiewicz 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Benno Markiewicz 02/03/2013

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/04/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/04/2013

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/04/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/05/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/05/2013

[nbdev] Re: Listening for file open/close/save from a module

Geertjan Wielenga 02/05/2013

[nbdev] Listening for file open/close/save from a module

cmann 02/05/2013