[nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets

  • From: Benno Markiewicz < >
  • To: Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:06:57 +0100

Veto. Please have a closer look to the screenshot. When the other bracket is out of sight then a pop-up with the line number and line content is displayed. Or do i miss some of your requirements?

Greetings markiewb

Am 02.01.2013 16:15 schrieb "Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano" < "> >:
Thank you,

I already know this feature, but this feature only marks with yellow the other bracket, but when the code is longer that the screen can to show, the programmer needs to navigate looking for the yellow bracket. My proposal consist in to show in the status bar, the other bracket with row and column numbers of position.

2013/1/2 Benno Markiewicz < " target="_blank"> >
Have you seen the new feature in 7.3 http://www.pellissier.co.za/hermien/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/brackets-more.png from http://www.pellissier.co.za/hermien/?p=510 ?
It already shows you the row of the matching bracket.

Greetings markiewb

Am 02.01.2013 15:45, schrieb Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano:
Maybe, it's not necessary to use a message box, because it would be a irritating box, it could be supported in the status bar, right side.

2012/12/12 Emilian Bold < " target="_blank"> <mailto: " target="_blank"> >>

    This doesn't seem important enough to warrant a message box. But if it's
    that relevant for you, you could implement your own plugin that provides
    you this information.

    See Editor Braces Matching API, editor.lib2 with HighlightLayer, etc.

    --emi

    On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano
    < " target="_blank"> <mailto: " target="_blank"> >> wrote:

        Hi team,

        Dear team, maybe I'm lost when I send to you this email, in this case
        I will need to forwarding to real destiny (Can you help me?).

        I want to obtain information in the "edition of source of code" of
        brackets (no matter if are /curly brackets, square brackets, angle
        brackets or round brackets/).

        When the cursor is positioned in one "opening bracket", this is turned
        in yellow color and its "closing bracket" too.  But, if the code is
        very long and is needed to find out where is positioned its "closing
        bracket". It's necessary to find the other yellow color between all
        code. In this case is better show the location (row and column) in the
        same position of "opening bracket" using a pop up "message box".
        This option must work with one "closing bracket" showing the
        information of its "opening bracket".

        Thank you for your valuable help.

        Best regards,

        Jose Luis

    --     http://www.josekibold.ro : Honesty & well-done software.

[nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets

Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano 01/02/2013

[nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets

Benno Markiewicz 01/02/2013

[nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets

Jose Luis Bernal Zambrano 01/02/2013

[nbdev] Re: Adding Information of closing (or opening) brackets

Svata Dedic 01/02/2013