[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

  • From: Wade Chandler < >
  • To: "nbdev@netbeans org" < >
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:55:49 -0500

If using maven turn off compile on save in your project properties. I have an issue in for this and the devs know about it. It affects other annotations as well.

Wade

=================

Wade Chandler
Software Engineer/Consultant
www.wadechandler.com

NetBeans Dream Team Member
NetBeans Contributor
www.netbeans.org

On Jan 29, 2013 8:41 PM, "Johannes Wahle" < "> > wrote:
Hello Peter,

I also experienced strange behavior related to NbBundle.Messages, although I'm not sure, where the problem lies.
However a clean + build helps usually.
If it doesn't, deleting the cache directory (http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir) and restarting the IDE should do the trick.

Regards
Johannes

On 30.01.2013 02:11, Peter Blemel wrote:
Hello World,

I have a peculiar problem with an annotation processor.  The symptom is that the NbBundle annotation processor is not emitting the Bundle class for packages.  Without knowing how the annotation processors work under the hood, I am hoping there are tools available to help debug the problem.   I am guessing that either the NbBundle annotation processor is not being invoked or that it is silently failing without producing any output.

My questions are :
Are there conditions under which the annotation processor wouldn't be invoked?
Is it possible that another annotation processor that runs prior to it is failing or otherwise preventing it from running?
Is there a switch somewhere to enable some kind of diagnostic output that might help debug the problem?

My system is a reasonably new quad core Windows 8 SP1 with 4gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

[nbdev] Debugging an annotation processor

Peter Blemel 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Johannes Wahle 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Peter Blemel 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Wade Chandler 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Wade Chandler 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Jaroslav Tulach 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Milos Kleint 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Martin Entlicher 01/30/2013