[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

  • From: Peter Blemel < >
  • To: NetBeans Mailing list < >
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:26:28 -0700

Hello Johannes,

The behavior is unusual.   After thrashing around with it a bit earler, Geertjan suggested that I remove the userdir and cache.  Doing so didn't help at the time.  I even tried creating a brand new project with just one class in it.   A moment ago I tried removing those folders again and this time it compiles clean (clean and build).   However, even though javac now  has no problem with the code the editor is still redlining Bundle.string() statements with the hint "Cannot find symbol : variable Bundle".

I've been using resource bundles and the old NbBundle.get() methods for years, and if this works it will definately be a step up.   The old way resulted in many orphaned strings.

I've been reading up on debugging annotation parsers, but most of the information out there is for Eclipse.

Thanks,
Peter

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 02:41:22 +0100

Hello Peter,

I also experienced strange behavior related to NbBundle.Messages, although I'm not sure, where the problem lies.
However a clean + build helps usually.
If it doesn't, deleting the cache directory (http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir) and restarting the IDE should do the trick.

Regards
Johannes

On 30.01.2013 02:11, Peter Blemel wrote:
">
Hello World,

I have a peculiar problem with an annotation processor.  The symptom is that the NbBundle annotation processor is not emitting the Bundle class for packages.  Without knowing how the annotation processors work under the hood, I am hoping there are tools available to help debug the problem.   I am guessing that either the NbBundle annotation processor is not being invoked or that it is silently failing without producing any output.

My questions are :
Are there conditions under which the annotation processor wouldn't be invoked?
Is it possible that another annotation processor that runs prior to it is failing or otherwise preventing it from running?
Is there a switch somewhere to enable some kind of diagnostic output that might help debug the problem?

My system is a reasonably new quad core Windows 8 SP1 with 4gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

[nbdev] Debugging an annotation processor

Peter Blemel 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Johannes Wahle 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Peter Blemel 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Wade Chandler 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Wade Chandler 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Jaroslav Tulach 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Milos Kleint 01/30/2013

[nbdev] Re: Debugging an annotation processor

Martin Entlicher 01/30/2013