[nbdev] Re: Take Input from the output window as input

  • From: Jaroslav Havlin < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Take Input from the output window as input
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:24:37 +0200

On 17.10.2012 15:05, sudeephazra wrote:
Well my DSL does not have any opton as such. Since it is based on Perl I've
used the option
Code:
$| = 1

  within the file.

This serves the problem and solves this but it looks ugly that the template
contains something that the user has not done.

Is there any way of disabling the buffered output option from the NB platform
itself? There should be some other option like it is done in the command
prompt as the execution on the command prompt seems to be unbuffered.
If there were some environment variable to disable buffering, you could set it before starting the external process, but the only way supported by Perl is probably "$| = 1".

This is not specific to NetBeans, but to Java in general. It seems that command prompt works differently. I do not know how to get buffered output from Java. For example CGI scripts have the same issue.
Any ideas on this?

[nbdev] Take Input from the output window as input

sudeephazra 10/02/2012

[nbdev] Re: Take Input from the output window as input

Petr Hejl 10/08/2012

[nbdev] Take Input from the output window as input

sudeephazra 10/10/2012

[nbdev] Take Input from the output window as input

sudeephazra 10/16/2012

[nbdev] Re: Take Input from the output window as input

Jaroslav Havlin 10/17/2012

[nbdev] Take Input from the output window as input

sudeephazra 10/17/2012

[nbdev] Re: Take Input from the output window as input

Jaroslav Havlin 10/18/2012