[nbdev] Re: Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time

  • From: Emilian Bold < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Marcelo Serrano Zanetti < >
  • Subject: [nbdev] Re: Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:45:14 +0300

You provide no ETHZ URL and your email is from yahoo.

Where will this research be published?

Will the raw data be available for inspection? For example, NetBeans has very nice metrics on http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/ Will your project provide the same transparency with the data gathered from here (and the other open-source projects)?

How will this research project "create a positive impact on the performance" of the work done on NetBeans?

--emi

On Oct 15, 2012, at 2:07 AM, Marcelo Serrano Zanetti wrote:

" type="cite">Hi there!

My name is Marcelo and I am working on a research project related to the automatic prioritization of bug-reports.

We understand you are working on bug triage and bug-fixing within an open source community, more precisely, the NETBEANS ide.

In order to complement our quantitative methodology with real world insights, we would like to ask you a few questions.

Please, by answering to our survey you will have the chance to contribute to a project that might create a positive impact on the performance of your own work and of your team.

You are free to express your answers in any fashion you find appropriate. The more details you provide, the better. Please let us know if you find something unclear.

Please, forward this email to other members of your bug-fixing and bug triage team.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Best Regards,

Survey

01) Do you pay attention to the fields "Importance",  "Severity" or "Priority" in the bugzilla bug-tracking systems?

02) Does the reputation or identity of a user influence the prioritization of his/her bug-reports?

03) Does the user level of activity in the community influence the prioritization of his/her bug-reports?

04) Does the  role of a user in the community (developer, manager, single-time-contributor, etc) influence the prioritization of his/her bug-reports?

05) Does user reputation increase when his/her bug-reports are eventually valid or get fixed?

06) Does user reputation decrease with the number of his/her invalid bug-reports (duplicated, need_info, incomplete, etc) ?

07) Please, can you describe how bug-reports are prioritized in your community?

08) What kind of prioritization mechanisms do you think would work or you wish to have implemented in your bug-handling procedures?

09) Do you use automated testing tools to discover bugs? If yes how do you handle bug-reports generated by those automatic testing tools?

10) Do you think the involvement in the community (i.e. communication, coordination, etc) improves the quality of bug-reports?

[nbdev] Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time

Marcelo Serrano Zanetti 10/08/2012

[nbdev] Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time

Marcelo Serrano Zanetti 10/14/2012

[nbdev] Re: Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time

Emilian Bold 10/16/2012

[nbdev] Re: Research in Bug Prioritization - ETH Zurich - Open Source Communities - Thank you for your time

Marcelo Serrano Zanetti 10/16/2012